Monday, July 27, 2009

What Ails Ya'

I've been suffering a "cold" - or something - for going on two weeks now. But it's getting worse. Feels a lot more flu-like.

Last fall I'd gotten seriously sick... for two months! I think it was some kind of "sinus infection" that had taken on top of a cold. I hadn't realized then that I still had medical insurance coverage, and so didn't see a doctor.

A friend had sent me a CARE package, including a full course of antibiotics, which seemed to do the trick. I'm thinking, by now, that I'll need something like that again. But this time I should be able to go to a doc to get it.

Yesterday I was so out of it and feeling so lousy that I had to just lay around in a park, sometimes almost delirious. On a gorgeous, hot summer day. I also had to miss almost all of the Street Festival going on nearby, too. Drat!

Imagine feeling that rotten... and then having to camp out curbside on a sidewalk with cold, dank night air all night long. Makes for a pretty funky morn rising.

No comments:

Post a Comment