Friday, February 5, 2010

Rainy Daze

I've not yet repaired the windshield wipers, so during recent rainstorms, I'm forced to park somewhere... sometimes days at a time. This is a problem in more ways than one. But a major factor is more and more areas are imposing 2 hour parking limits, if one is not a resident of that area with the appropriate sticker on the vehicle identifying as such. Obviously, metered parking is out of the question too.

I've got my bike mounted on the back of the van, but riding much in pouring rain isn't the best solution. So I prefer to "dock" nearby where I usually go and need to be. Fortunately, there are still a couple of parking spots both unmetered and not subject to the 2 hour limit. But these are naturally coveted and it's competitive to get one. I've been pretty lucky at that, so far.

The rains just returned after a couple of days' break. A much needed break, as heavy condensation inside or an actual leak at the cabover window (not found  yet) had been getting conditions fairly dank and damp within. In fact a corner of my "bunk" was wet. So I was able to remove everything, dry it all out, clean and abate mold/mildow blooms, etc. And then put it all back in dry and fresh and tidy.

The result is that now, during our renewed storms it's much more pleasant in there. I enjoyed some snacks and a movie last night. Beautiful surprise sunny blue morn today, but before I unleash any Spring Fever, more storms are forecast over the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment