Monday, June 8, 2009

I am resuming/continuing this blog

After creating this blog, I then let it sit idle for the better part of a year now. There were a couple of main reasons for this:

1. The daily malaise of being homeless (especially when new to it and fresh into the predicament) becomes so overwhelming and strongly tends to dominate and consume one's time, attention, efforts and resources... leaving precious little to other ventures that don't directly and immediately produce manifest benefits.

2. After doing some online checking and finding any number of other such blogs and online personal expositions, I lost heart and became disappointed, thinking that perhaps no one is really interested in reading such things, after all.

3. Due to some of the particulars of my circumstances, and some legal/other matters associated, there were some reservations about what could - or should - be included and covered in such a venue.

I want to thank Shannon at Change.org for both her public acknowledgment and personal encouragement for my similar contributions to her own blog:

http://homelessness.change.org/

In response, I intend to continue to contribute to the fine ongoing work at that site, but feel that some other, further detail kinds of material would both be better located on my personal blog as well as being able to more fully treat an extent of the particular material than would probably be fitting there -- for those interested in pursuing things in that way.

So, thanks again Shannon! And all the rest of you that have let me know that I've not "invested" precious time/effort in such writings in vain. Please do feel free to check THIS site and blog, as I WILL be developing it more.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to you, Jack, for all of your thoughtful contributions to this important topic over at Change.org. Sharing your thoughts and struggles with homelessness as you experience it will deepen all of our understanding. Looking forward to reading your future work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowza! Happy to read the change.com piece about you, SlumJack. And then to find you have a blog that you are reviving.

    ReplyDelete