Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Oakland, itself, on brink of bankruptcy?

In my former property manager role, I was brought into especial proximity with various aspects of political, economic and sociocommunity issues and dynamics of the city. Considerations that impacted the property and our tenants/neighborhood, as well as my own eventual hardships resulting, had a great deal to do with some of the finances moving through city hall and/or private sectors.

Shortly after my own demise there, a number of city officials came to be investigated by Federal authorities, and some probes and other actions against improprieties have continued in Oakland since. It's long been a troubled city and certainly remains one. More of these examinations are likely deserved and warranted.

Now the latest twist - one that sadly probably doesn't surprise many anymore - is that the city itself may be inexorably facing bankruptcy.

I hope to examine how my own recent involvements there hooked in to some of the associated dynamics.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12554613

No comments:

Post a Comment